Nichols House Museum
Visitor Information55 Mount Vernon Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02108
National Trust for Historic Preservation Member Discount: 2-for-1 admission
The Nichols House Museum occupies an impressive four-story town house, one of the earliest Beacon Hill structures attributed to Charles Bulfinch. In 1885, Dr. Arthur Nichols purchased the house for his wife and daughters. Their eldest daughter, Rose Standish Nichols, noted landscape architect, writer, and suffragist, inherited the house. Since 1961, the Nichols House has been open to the public as an historic house museum reflecting the domestic life of a typical early twentieth century family of Beacon Hill. The house is furnished with priceless possessions accumulated over several generations.