The Marston House Museum & Gardens
Visitor Information3525 7th Avenue
San Diego, California 92103
National Trust for Historic Preservation Member Discount: $1 off admission to each of our tours. 10% off merchandise in Museum Shop.
One of California's finest examples of the Arts and Crafts movement, the Marston House was constructed in 1905 for George W. Marston and his wife, Anna. As a San Diego civic leader, Marston’s work in historic preservation, conservation and history is well known. The property was designed and built by the internationally renowned architects William Sterling Hebbard and Irving Gill. Surrounded by five acres of rolling lawns, manicured formal gardens, and rustic canyon gardens, this 8,500 square-foot home became a house museum in 1987 after the Marston family gifted it to the City of San Diego for the public’s enjoyment.