Visitor Information1610 H St., NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20006
National Trust for Historic Preservation Member Discount: Free admission.
Decatur House is one of the oldest surviving homes in Washington, D.C., and one of only three remaining houses in the country designed by Benjamin Henry Latrobe, the father of American architecture.
Completed in 1818 for naval hero Stephen Decatur and his wife, Susan, its distinguished neo-classical architecture and prominent location across from the White House made Decatur House one of the Capitol's most desirable addresses and home of many of the nation's most prominent figures.
In 2010, the White House Historical Association established the David M. Rubenstein National Center for White House History at Decatur House. The center houses historical documentation, supports research efforts, and provides education programs related to the study and history of the White House.
Decatur House is owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and operated by the White House Historical Association.