Field survey was not conducted on this property.
The Ault House was designed by architect Eliot Noyes and constructed in 1952 by Paul Borglum, Inc. Lee A. Ault purchased the property in 1951 (transferred to Dorothy Ault in 1958). Lee Ault was the editor of Art in America and owned an extensive art collection. Noyes designed the house with a glass-walled gallery along an open courtyard to display the collection. The flat-roofed house had an H-shaped plan with an incorporated 2-car garage. According to the assessor property street card, the exterior materials were glass, brick, and vertical wood siding. The assessor described the house as "very modern."
The Ault House was included in the 1953 Modern House Tour. An article about the tour stated: "Designed to permit full appreciation of their art collection, the home of Mr. and Mrs. Lee A. Ault has freely flowing indoor and outdoor spaces. Living areas are in the center with bedroom and service wings flanking them. The home was designed by Eliot Noyes to permit the spatial aspects of an open plan while preserving privacy for the inhabitants" (Stamford Advocate, 17 October 1953). The Ault House was featured in the November 1958 issue of Architectural Record.
In 1959, William Feick, Jr., purchased the property. It was transferred to Joan M. Feick in 1987. The house is still held in the Feick family. Around 1970, an outbuilding with a C-shaped plan was constructed. An oval in-ground pool was added to the property at an unknown date, possibly around 1980. In 2005, the house was on the "Architects, Designers and Artists in the Garden" tour that benefited the Silvermine Guild Arts Center. According to an article on the tour, the Ault House has a landscape designed by noted Modernist landscape architect Thomas Church (Ridgefield Press, 16 June 2005).