Field survey was not conducted on this house.
The Harding House was constructed in 1953 for Richard B. and Beatty P. Harding. Beatty Harding acquired the lot in 1952. As of 1977, Richard B. Harding was the president of New York construction company Humphreys & Harding (New York Times, 12 June 1977).
The assessor property street card notes that drawings by Page & Franklyn were filed on 5 June 1953, suggesting that they were the architects or builders. The original wood-frame house had a concrete block foundation, wood clapboard exterior sheathing, and an asphalt shingle roof. The house consisted of a two-story, hipped-roof central building with a square plan flanked by a one-story wing with a rectangular plan and a one-story, shed-roofed, two-car garage. The entire house had a four-foot overhang.
In 1967, a one-story, multi-sided addition was completed. A fieldstone patio adjacent to the house was added at some point before 1967.
In 1994, Richard G. and Eva McCarrick acquired the property.