Field survey was not conducted on this house.
The MacKnight House was constructed in 1947 and possibly designed by Wilton architect Lewis Gelders. Dorothy MacKnight, a local decorator and painter, acquired the property-which overlooks the Silvermine River-in 1939. The original one-story house was described in the assessor field property cards as having a foundation of concrete block and posts, board-and-batten siding, and a flat composition roof. Between 1950 and 1951, a small 13'x15'6' addition containing a bedroom and a flagstone terrace were completed. A 3'x6' shed was attached to the house off the entry porch likely in the early 1950s. In 1957, prominent New Canaan builder Paul Borglum acquired the house. In 1960, a barn and shed were built. In 1973, a 21'x21' one-story addition was constructed; a 14'6'x5'6' addition had also been added by this time. In 1975, a carport was completed. The house was transferred to Harriet M. Borglum in 1975 and to Linda B. Fry in 1986.