The Weeks House is situated on a very open, manicured site bounded by fieldstone walls to the south and east. The site is ringed with mature hardwood trees that predate the house and formal elements that regulate the landscape. The lot is situated with its longest dimension running parallel to the street; the house was constructed with its longest dimension running perpendicular to it.
The house, as Eliot Noyes designed it, had a rectangular plan. Renovations by Alan Goldberg in 1988 include a semi-circular addition at the west end of the south elevation, which is complemented by an interior curved wall that encloses a wet bar. The expansion also created a new master suite above the family room, a larger living room, a new kitchen and bathrooms, and a separate two-story guesthouse studio that is connected to the house by a courtyard patio. At this time, the main entrance to the house was relocated and offset from the entrance point of the driveway. A floating stair was added in the new entry to access the second-floor balcony that was enclosed to create privacy for the bedrooms.
The current two-story house was constructed with large expanses of glass. The foundation is constructed of stone. The house is wood-framed with a rolled asphalt roof that slopes down towards the south. A fieldstone chimney and a curved clerestory window puncture the roof. The walls are clad with vertical redwood siding, which has been painted white. A flagstone terrace runs the length of the south elevation. To the north are a courtyard and a three-car garage, which were constructed during the 1988 construction campaign. This garage has a roof that slopes down towards the north; the southeast corner of the garage is cantilevered over the terrace. A well house is located on the east edge of the terrace. An older garage structure is located northeast of the house.
Originally, this lot was the site of a 18th-century salt box farmhouse owned by Ruth and John Weeks. After a plane crashed into their home in 1942, completely destroying it, the Weeks commissioned Eliot Noyes to design a new house. The simple massing and exterior treatment of his design focused attention on the site. The house was completed in 1952. It was featured in the New York Times Magazine and included on the 1953 Modern House Tour in New Canaan.
In 1977, James P. and Flora L. Lee acquired the house. From 1988 to 1990, the house was extensively renovated and expanded by Alan Goldberg, a partner of Noyes. Goldberg's design introduced curves and circular shapes, which softened the appearance of the structure and contrasted with the rectangular form of Noyes's building. The main entrance was relocated during this renovation. In addition, a three-car garage, an entrance courtyard, and stone terraces and walls were constructed.
In 1993, John D. and Sally N. Hough purchased the property (later transferred to Sally N. and John D. Hough, Trustees, in 1997). The property's trees, stone walls, and expansive lawns were restored by the Houghes. In 2005, Felipe Ferrand acquired the property.