We have posted materials here to help other communities with their modern surveys. If you have additional tools from your own towns please send them to Christy_MacLear@nthp.org and we will add them as resources.
Sample Request for Qualifications for Survey Consultant:
- BCA schedule (pdf)
- Dear Modern Homeowner – letter #1 (pdf)
- Kick-off meeting letter (pdf link)
- Kick-off meeting Questionaire (pdf)
- Kick-off meeting Project Goals & Objectives handout (pdf)
- Mid-way project letter (pdf)
- Final Homeowner letter (pdf)
- Example budget (pdf)
Sample survey form Used
- Survey Form (pdf)
Other Sample Surveys:
- Denver, CO : Harvey Park South Huchinson Homes
- Landmarks IL : Chicago's North and northwest suburbs
- Palm Springs Preservation Foundation : 200 architecturally significant properties with 53 appropriate for designation.
- Phoenix, AZ: The historic preservation commission has completed a number of neighborhood surveys including a windshield survey of the Pierson Place neighborhood (1910-1956) as well as a study of post WWII commercial resources (1945-1975) throughout the city.
- Preservation Dallas: Organized surveys of Dallas neighborhoods in the early 1960’s including mid-century residences of Greenway Parks.
- Recent Past Preservation Network: National non-profit education and advocacy group prepared a list of past survey, designation and organizational resources arranged by state.
- Scottsdale, AZ: Historic Preservation Commission completed a survey of all 37 post-war residential neighborhoods.
- Tempe, AZ: The city has completed a survey of their post war residential neighborhoods and identified another 20 for consideration.