Double Springs CourthouseCalaveras County, California
Period of significance: 1850
From 1850 - 1851, this was the county seat, but now it is a ghost town with its first county courthouse, 13?x18?, still standing. The courthouse is made from camphor wood imported from China in 1849. The segmentation of the building, the repeated paneling, the lack of windows, and use of doors with window openings suggest a traditional Chinese influence. Its significance is as a symbol of the trade between the two countries.