The Rivieras by Yacht
August 29 - September 8, 2013
2-Night Pre-Cruise Program including hotel accommodations for two nights in Avignon, daily breakfast, and excursions in Avignon and Aix-en-Provence
• 7 nights aboard the Variety Voyager yacht in one of just 36 cabins
• All meals, entertainment and use of facilities aboard the Variety Voyager, including a Captain’s Dinner
• Wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner while on board
• Welcome Aboard Cocktail Party
• Dining options to suit your taste: the glass enclosed dining room, al fresco on the deck, or the upper deck Horizons Bar & Lounge
• Sun deck with Balinese beds, sun loungers and the adjoining Oceans bar
• Spa & Fitness Suite with sauna, massage and fitness equipment
• Exclusive Go Next program manager
• Private walking excursions led by expert local guides in the ports of Calvi, Bonifacio and Portofino
• Swimming stops with the use of snorkeling equipment
August 29 - Depart for France
August 30 - Arrive in Nice, transfer to Avignon and check in at the superior four-star Avignon Grand Hotel.
August 31 - From Avignon, travel to Aix-en-Provence; See the ancient Cathedral de St-Sauveur with its elegant Romanesque cloister and visit the studio of famed painter Paul Cézanne; enjoy a walking tour of Avignon; Continue to Pont St-Bénézet
September 1 - Transfer from Avignon to Nice in the afternoon and board the Variety Voyager; sail to vibrant St-Tropez; Yacht overnight to Calvi.
September 2 - Calvi is a colorful seaside port rich with traditional Corsican culture. Explore its charming covered market, the Old Town and the town center with its monument honoring Ile Rousse’s founder Pasquale Paoli, the ‘father of Corsica.’; Yacht overnight to Bonifacio.
September 3 - On the southern tip of Corsica and separated from Sardinia by a narrow strait, is the fortress town of Bonifacio; Yacht overnight to Elba.
September 4 - Elba, is the largest of the Tuscan Archipelago, an island where Napoleon Bonaparte began his exile in 1814. Overnight on board in Portovenere.
September 5 - Stroll the narrow streets of Portovenere flanked by brightly-colored tower houses from the 11th century. Nearby is the Cinque Terre, five breathtaking villages hugging the Ligurian cliffs and suspended above the sea. Yacht overnight to Portofino.
September 6 - Portofino is a half-moon shaped seaside village turned glamorous resort town. Claiming a long and storied past, today it boasts irrefutably beautiful vistas—emerald waters lined by pastel houses and verdant hills, crowned by the Genoese-built Castello Brown castle. Yacht overnight to Monte Carlo.
September 7 - Conclude your journey in the world famous Monte Carlo. Overnight on board in Monte Carlo
September 8 - Yacht to Nice and transfer to the airport for your return home, or participate in the Paris Post-Cruise Program. Call for details.
Please email National Trust Tours for questions about this program. Be sure to include your mailing address if you are requesting a paper copy of the brochure for this program.